Friday, December 11, 2009

FINAL Thoughts

I tried to get my final thoughts for this class written down sooner, but I had that little confrontation with the captive woman this morning at my house, putting my daily schedule back a few hours. Like every other Sexson class I have taken, I find myself constantly writing down different quotes and facts, ones that sometimes may just be an MS original one liner, but those scribbles in my notebook continue to be the most important things I will remember from my college experience. This semester has been a rough one for me, and 21 credits is not something that I would like to do again, making my blogs and participation less frequent, for I have been completely overwhelmed. However, the Nabokov class was so intruiging for looking at everyones blogs in class and what they discovered about our different readings made each book come alive in a different way than the first time I read through them. Some of the blogs and discoveries created somewhat of an intimidation factor, giving me authorial anxiety in publishing my own blogs, for I did not at first pick up on the different patterns of colors or repition of names. Regardless to say, I do not think after this semester I will ever be able to read a book the same. This class has made me notice things that I had not noticed before, making me not see the text as a transparent object, but something that is much deeper. Nabokov books are something that I will continue to open up from time to time, just to see if I will pick up on something new that I was not aware of before. While Sexson says the cats are out of the bag, I still feel like maybe a few remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment